EPISODE 110, SEASON 3:
In this episode, I connect with
Tatiana Sales Lust a dedicated e-cargo bike rider living in Carmel, Indiana
We discuss how she made the transition from not really knowing how to ride a bike to a state now where most of the trips she takes are now on her electric-assist cargo bike. We also talk about how game-changing it is to have access to a network of safe facilities connecting to meaningful destinations and how empowering it is to have an e-cargo bike capable of hauling real stuff on a daily basis.
Tatiana Sales Lust has an exciting and inspiring story of empowerment and self-confidence facilitated by a little Dutch cycling magic, a bike that actually fits her, and a wee bit of electric assist. She has gone from not knowing how to ride a bike as an adult to become a confident electric-assist cargo bike “pilot”.
There are so many adults out that don’t yet know how to ride, just don’t feel confident riding, or feel as if there isn’t a safe place to ride, we talk about all these topics and so much more. I hope you enjoy this conversation with Tatiana.
My Personal Call To Action:
– Become a Patron! Please consider supporting my efforts via Patreon
– Please check out my Active Towns store for some fun #StreetsAreForPeople items
– If you enjoyed this video please give it a “thumbs up”, leave a comment, and share it with a friend.
– And if you haven’t yet done so, please subscribe to the Channel and don’t forget to “Ring” that notifications bell; this lets you know when I post a new video or schedule a premiere.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Tern Bicycles
– Urban Arrow cargo bikes
– Tatiana’s Pogies
– Brandon’s Pogies
– My first interview w/ Brandon
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
– Microphone – Shure MV7
– Camera – Sony ZV-E10 (currently sold out)
– Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
– Elgato Cam Link 4k
– Elgato Streamdeck XL*
– Elgato Streamdeck (*you may not need the XL)
Editing Computer System:
– Apple MacBook Pro 16″ 2021 M1 Pro
– LG 34WP88C-B 34-inch Curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) IPS Display with Ergo Stand
All video, audio, and music production by me, John Simmerman
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities”.
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you find this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. Any donations collected are used specifically to support the organization’s mission.
To make a donation to Advocates for Healthy Communities go here