EPISODE 124, SEASON 3:
In this episode, I reconnect with
Lior Steinberg, co-founder of the firm Humankind and author of the children’s book The Car That Wanted To Be A Bike
Lior shares how the idea for the book came to him and we talk about some encouragingly fast transformations he has been involved with.
It seems like every day Lior notices the improvements happening all around him and in the bold work that he and his firm Humankind is helping bring about in cities, he notes that changes can happen quite quickly. In this discussion, we talk about several of his projects, Rotterdam as a wonderful model city for other cities globally to benchmark off of, and his delightful newly released children’s book, The Car That Wanted To Be A Bike.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Humankind Website
– Children’s book – The Car That Wanted To Be A Bike
– My Amazon affiliate link to buy the book
– My study tour video
– Not Just Bikes Trash Pick Up video
How You Can Make A Difference:
– If you enjoyed this video please give it a “thumbs up”, leave a comment, and share it with a friend.
– And if you haven’t yet done so, please subscribe to the Channel and don’t forget to “Ring” that notifications bell; this lets you know when I post a new video or schedule a premiere.
– Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at my store
– Pls. consider becoming a Patron, by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon
All video and audio production by me.
– Intro and outro mixed by me
– Video clip song via Epidemic Sound
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
– Main MIcrophone Sennheiser Pro Audio MKH416-P48U3
– Rode RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio
– Additional Microphone – Shure MV7
– Camera – Sony ZV-E10 (currently sold out)
– Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
– Elgato Cam Link 4k
– Elgato Streamdeck XL*
– Elgato Streamdeck (*you may not need the XL)
Editing Computer System:
– Apple MacBook Pro 16″ 2021 M1 Pro
– LG 34WP88C-B 34-inch Curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) IPS Display with Ergo Stand
All video, audio, and music production by me, John Simmerman
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities”.
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you find this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. Any donations collected are used specifically to support the organization’s mission.
To make a donation to Advocates for Healthy Communities go here