Video version of the episode
Cargo bikes are not new, but with innovation in lightweight, powerful electric assist motors they are now popping up in cities large and small for the delivery of packages and for the transport of our families. Given our need to shift to more energy efficient modes of transport this is a huge development and reinforces that the coming years, as Jos described them, as the decade of the cargo bike.
The International Cargo Bike Festival will once again be held at full strength this coming October 27-29 in conjunction with the World of eMobility at the EXPO Haarlemmermeer; a huge indoor glass building close to Amsterdam and close to Schipol airport.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– International Cargo Bike Festival
– Abdominal Decade of the Cargo Bike Rap
– Video of Jos’ Bikes
– 2019 video from Jos
– BicycleDutch 2019 Groningen
– BicycleDutch 2016 Nijmegen – Parade
– BicycleDutch 2015 Nijmegen
How You Can Make A Difference:
– If you enjoyed this video please give it a “thumbs up”, leave a comment, and share it with a friend.
– And if you haven’t yet done so, please subscribe to the Channel and don’t forget to “Ring” that notifications bell; this lets you know when I post a new video or schedule a premiere.
– Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at my store
– Pls. consider becoming a Patron, by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon
All video and audio production by me.
– Intro and outro mixed by me
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
– Main MIcrophone Sennheiser Pro Audio MKH416-P48U3
– Rode RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio
– Additional Microphone – Shure MV7
– Camera – Sony ZV-E10 (currently sold out)
– Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
– Elgato Cam Link 4k
– Elgato Streamdeck XL*
– Elgato Streamdeck (*you may not need the XL)
Editing Computer System:
– Apple MacBook Pro 16″ 2021 M1 Pro
– LG 34WP88C-B 34-inch Curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) IPS Display with Ergo Stand
All video, audio, and music production by me, John Simmerman
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities”.
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you find this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. Any donations collected are used specifically to support the organization’s mission.
To make a donation to Advocates for Healthy Communities go here