Video version of the episode
The e-bike revolution is here! Having a little assistance to smooth out a steep hill, make a long ride less daunting, and provide the ability to keep up with a loved one or cherished friend, these and many more are solid reasons why e-bikes are the fastest-selling segment in the bicycle market worldwide. And that doesn’t even take cargo bikes and bike logistics into consideration.
As I mentioned I am taking the Active Towns Tour to Colorado in Aug/Sept and to The Netherlands for the International Cargo Bike Festival in Oct/Nov if you are interested in potentially tagging along, please drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Bosch website
– Bosch video Evolving Cities
– Bosch video Tracing Sounds
– My Madison Slow Roll video
– Tern Quick Haul video
Four Easy Steps to Support My Efforts:
– If you enjoyed this video please give it a “thumbs up”, leave a comment, and share it with a friend.
– Subscribe to the Podcast on you preferred listening platform
– Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at the Active Towns store
– Become a Patron, by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon
Music and Video:
– Intro and outro music mixed by John Simmerman using Logic Pro
– All video and audio production by John Simmerman, see below for resources
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
– Main MIcrophone Sennheiser Pro Audio MKH416-P48U3
– Rode RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio
– Additional Microphone – Shure MV7
– Camera – Sony ZV-E10 (currently sold out)
– Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
– Elgato Cam Link 4k
– Elgato Streamdeck XL*
– Elgato Streamdeck (*you may not need the XL)
Editing Computer System:
– Apple MacBook Pro 16″ 2021 M1 Pro
– LG 34WP88C-B 34-inch Curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) IPS Display with Ergo Stand
All video, audio, and music production by me, John Simmerman
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities”.
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you find this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. Any donations collected are used specifically to support the organization’s mission.
To make a donation to Advocates for Healthy Communities go here