Video version of this episode
So excited to welcome back Darcy Kitching for an update on her doctoral dissertation research on the topic of creating kid-friendly communities, her upcoming edition of the Boulder Walk360 event, and her efforts to grow the Streets Are For People movement in Boulder, Colorado.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Tern HSD e-assist cargo bike
– James Rojas – Place It
– Growing Up Boulder
– Tim Gill episode
– Jeff Speck episode
– Charles “Chuck” Marohn episode
– Chuck Marohn – Strong Towns: A bottom-Up Revolution to Build American Prosperity
– Chuck Marohn – Confessions of a Recovering Engineer: Transportation for a Strong Town
– Not Just Bikes video on what a STROAD is
– Will Norman’s episode
– Curbing Traffic – Melissa & Chris Bruntlett
– Open Streets video
– Darcy’s Best Urban Hikes Boulder book
– Growing Up Boulder
– Walk2Connect Collective
– Boulder Vision Zero
– My Walk360 video
– Boulder Ramblers
Four Easy Steps to Support My Efforts:
1. Become an Active Towns Ambassador by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/activetowns
(As a thank you will have early and commercial-free access as well as bonus content and special discounts in the Active Towns Store)
2. If you enjoyed this video please give it a “thumbs up”, leave a comment, and share it with a friend.
3. Subscribe to the Channel and don’t forget to “Ring” that notification bell and select your notification preferences
4. Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at my store: https://bit.ly/ActiveTownsStore
(note: see no. 1 for access to special discounts in the store)
All video and audio production by John Simmerman
– Intro and Outro mixed by John Simmerman
– Video Clip background music licensed through https://www.musicbed.com/
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
– Main MIcrophone Sennheiser Pro Audio MKH416-P48U3
– Rode RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio
– Additional Microphone – Shure MV7
– Camera – Sony ZV-E10 (currently sold out)
– Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
– Elgato Cam Link 4k
– Elgato Streamdeck XL*
– Elgato Streamdeck (*you may not need the XL)
Editing Computer System:
– Apple MacBook Pro 16″ 2021 M1 Pro
– LG 34WP88C-B 34-inch Curved 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) IPS Display with Ergo Stand
All video, audio, and music production by me, John Simmerman
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities”.
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in, I hope you find this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. Any donations collected are used specifically to support the organization’s mission.
To make a donation to Advocates for Healthy Communities go here