If you’ve spent any time at all poking around urbanism threads on Twitter, you’ve likely seen Nathan and his catchy, engaging TikToks on Third Places, Walkable Communities, Missing Middle Housing, and so much more. After reading a Strong Towns article profiling both Nathan and Jason Slaughter with Not Just Bikes, I reached out to get him the podcast, and this is the resulting interview that we recorded in late December 2022. I hope you enjoy it.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Watch the video version of this episode
– Nathan’s TikTok account
– Nathan on Twitter
– Nathan’s Beacons.ai page
– Nathan on Insta
– Nathan’s YouTube Channel
– Not Just Bikes
– Strong Towns
– Subreddit f-cars
– Alan Fisher’s Channel
– Paul Stout on TikTok – talking cities
– Strong Towns article featuring Jason Slaughter and Nathan
– Episode audio version and transcript
Four Easy Steps to Support My Efforts:
1. Become an Active Towns Ambassador by “Buying Me a Coffee” or by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon
2. If you enjoyed this episode, please give it a “thumbs up,” leave a review on Apple Podcasts, and share it with a friend.
3. Subscribe to the podcast on your preferred listening platform and the Active Towns YouTube Channel
4. Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at my store
All video and audio production by John Simmerman
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along, please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time, I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities.”
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in; I hope you have found this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2022
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. To donate, click here.