In this episode, I connect with Brent Buice, Manager of the South Carolina and Georgia region of the East Coast Greenway Alliance, who provides us with a snapshot of this extraordinary effort that connects 15 states and 450 cities and towns for 3,000 miles from Maine to Florida. The initiative is fostering a safe walking and biking route through the country’s most populated corridor.
Helpful Links (note that some may include affiliate links to help me support the channel):
– Video Version of the episode
– East Coast Greenway website
– My CNU26 2018 video featuring Brent
– Greenways For All
– Greenways For All on Twitter
– Recent thru Unicycle rider of the ECG
– Bike Athens
– My Pathways through Parks video with Not Just Bikes Jason Slaughter
Four Easy Steps to Support My Efforts:
1. Become an Active Towns Ambassador by pledging as little as $1 per month on Patreon or make a one-time contribution via “Buying Me a Coffee”
2. If you enjoyed this episode, please give it a “thumbs up,” leave a review on Apple Podcasts, and share it with a friend.
3. Subscribe to the podcast on your preferred listening platform and the Active Towns YouTube Channel
4. Pick up some Active Towns #StreetsAreForPeople Merch at my store
All video and audio production by John Simmerman
Resources used during the production of this episode:
– My awesome recording platform is Ecamm
– Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
For more information about my Active Towns effort or to follow along, please visit my links below:
– Podcast landing pages
Hi Everyone, my name is John Simmerman.
I’m a health promotion professional with over 30 years of experience and my area of concentration has evolved into a specialization of how the built environment influences human behavior related to active living and especially active mobility.
In 2012 I launched the non-profit Advocates for Healthy Communities as an effort to help promote and create healthy, active places.
Since that time, I’ve been exploring, documenting, and profiling established, emerging, and aspiring Active Towns wherever they might be, in order to produce high-quality multimedia content to help inspire the creation of more safe and inviting, environments that promote a “Culture of Activity” for “All Ages & Abilities.”
My Active Towns suite of channels feature my original video and audio content and reflections, including a selection of podcast episodes and short films profiling the positive and inspiring efforts happening around the world as I am able to experience and document them.
Thanks for tuning in; I hope you have found this content helpful.
Creative Commons License: Attributions, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives, 2023
Advocates for Healthy Communities, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 organization (EIN 45-3802508) dedicated to helping communities create a Culture of Activity. To donate, click here.